Tuesday, September 5, 2017

No. I could not have done it alone.

So after some of the stuff that happened in Maine I pretty much went crazy
Within that I drove down to New Orleans
Got arrested on the way
(Buncha nonsense—trooper planted weed on me)
Mississippi Jail was neato though
Universe is/was actually helping me out
Found myself to a Hare Krsna Farm
A Very Holy Place.

 Basically, my first place I wwoof'd!
I worked in their fields and they fed me and gave me a room!
Had my tools with me
And they had bamboo!
Nrsingadeva
The awesome Half-Man Half-Lion Demi-God incarnation of Vishnu
Curing the pipes in Krsna's Kitchen 

 That was one hot stove

Holy Bamboo! 

These pipes all came out perfect
As expected from Hare Krsna Bamboo! 

My muffler fell off at some point
I don't know how I'd of survived The South if I didn't find this farm

Someone put a bowl of water on the ground so animals could drink 

The Corner of Time and Space 

Well they spelt prologue wrong
But certainly a way I was feeling those days
And now

I met a man named Juganoth at the farm

 We worked together to build an addition on this house!
I took way more pictures
For my own education
I learned a lot!
Here are just a few 

Hammering nails or something. 

It's like Legos
For adults! 

Frame of roof 

Hammer+Nail is so much more satisfying than Drill+Screw 

Juganoth is a Master Carpenter
I'm not about to cut a board with a power saw with one hand!
(And you probably shouldn't either) 

We built this room in just one week!
I used these skills to build The Bagel Cart when I returned home 

Holy Garlands from Krsna
Cowboy: "That shirt represents your Power. Don't Lose it."

There were adventures in New Orleans too but didn't get any pictures
I returned home again for Christmas
I left the next week for Maine again
And that sucked.
I made it home completely distraught (Blog PG version)
And met an Angel a few days later
That's for you to read.
It's in your backpack.
Find Rachel. 

Months passed
Mostly took pictures with my phone
(See next update)


 My Angel joined me on an adventure to resume my Journey
This is on a cliff by Ithaca Falls
We're melting wax here to make a Bamboo Art Piece

We also made Mac n' Cheese
That's a piece of Bamboo in my mouth that helps me stoke the fire more efficiently
Having a camp fire on a cliff by a waterfall was awesome

 While exploring Ithaca we happened upon the abandoned Ithaca Gun Factory
Exploring the area was a Gauntlet!
We had to climb walls and fences and scale cliffs into a ravine
There was even a DEATH PIT

Inside one of the warehouses
Death Pit of the Left
We made a fire on the right and cooked potatoes!

Graffiti is True Art
imho
Just the expression of an idea somewhere
Up to you whether you accept the idea or not

 
If you're in Ithaca
Look for the Ithaca Guns smokestack
And go find Ezra's Tunnel!

Here's an idea I can accept

 At first
I figured falling to my death to climb some random tall thing wouldn't be worth it

But then I started... 

 A Bird's Eye view of some of "The Gauntlet"
And where we Stealth Camped (:
Beautiful views from the top of the Smoke Stack 

Climbing was an experience I could not rightly put into words for you 

 But it feels damn good to NOT DIE

You cannot ignore what goes on inside you. 

You have to make things beautiful. 

You cannot sit idly by 

while your Heart dances in agony and delight. 

Here's the piece we made on top of Ithaca Falls
I dropped some of the wax by accident
And at first was off-put by the rocks stuck into it
But then I realized
It's Perfect! 

 And there's Ash on this side
The Resilience Bong 

Gotta put Love in! 

Pretty good, right? 

In Cleveland
Found an old Bridge
Had to climb it
Climbing cool stuff might be one of my new things 

Skyline
Boatline 

At least they approve! 

Found ANOTHER Bridge and had to climb it 


"No Trespassing violators will be prosecuted" 


She's got a reputation to uphold 

I've got a special connection to bridges 

Great view of Cleveland from up there 

I liked Cleveland
It has lots of bridges!! 

FREE 

Yeah there's my instrument! 

Gorges were a theme of the adventure 

The climactic return to Yellow Springs!
Into The Glen! 

Glen Helen is a beautiful nature preserve 

Back in Ithaca we found a little rock pained like a PBnJ
tiny pbnj!!!
It had a link posted on the back
The page had instructions to hide the rock somewhere else... 

So we put it in the best possible place just about anywhere in the World
This Holy Spring in the center of The Glen in Yellow Springs, Ohio
Recognize it? 

 We stayed the night here too
Falling water
Another theme of the adventure

 When we returned later
tiny pbnj was gone
And The Rose was in The Spring

Hiking is just as fun as bicycle riding 

 And exploring is the BEST THING EVER

 Path of Healing

Thanks for the Adventure, Angel 

I hope I find more places like this

 Well I didn't write that but I've kind of felt that before I guess

Before we left initially I found FIFTY-SIX Jars of Cashew Butter!
We experimented with lots of different mixtures
Pumpkin Pie (already eaten) was my favorite
Just mix Pumpkin Pie spice mix and Molasses into your favorite all-natural nut butter! 

Carbondale Arborium 

Now that I have all this experience working with bamboo
I can be on the look-out for it in my traveling
Can make more Bamboo Art 

You can eat these mushrooms! 

 If they get too old the veiny part smudges and/or they change color

First day back on The Road
With a new Load Out!
At the Line of Totality 

A Labyrinth named The Rainmaker's Garden

Nothing beats walking around and exploring it yourself

I was able to see the Eclipse here

 Crazy part was
I didn't even know about it until we were already on our way
Heard about it in Ithaca
We only learned Carbondale was actually in the Path of Totality somewhere in Ohio!

We arrived one day before the phenomenon
Of course we aimed to see it once we heard about it...
But we were heading there so that I'd resume my Journey!
So The Timing of The Eclipse
Total Coincidence!
It was amazing
I saw The Sun in My Eyes
Thank you Lord!

 You could play around in this spot for hours
It's the result of a lifetime of work
Mr. Dave Dardis spent much of his free time (along with some apprentices) creating this space
Which he generously has open to the public
At no charge 

The energy of the space is astounding 

Finding cool places
and appreciating them 

That's what traveling is all about!
Among other things 

There's The Line 

Doggo (: 

 Ya'll should head to Makanda too!

Got myself a new Legendary Ring
During The Eclipse!
Within the display
It was right on The Line

Now there's the Illinois I remember
Sun shinin' over Corn fields 

Fort Defiance
The joining of two great rivers

The exact point where The Ohio River meets The Mississippi River 

Ever since Effingham
Humongous Crosses definitely speak to me 

The plan is to follow the Mississippi down to New Orleans
Along the way I'll clear my name...
See the next post for the missing months!
Rising
Back
UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment