Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Do you SLEEP anymore?


     Introduction:
     My final week of convalescence. My left arm is, I estimate, at about 90%, which should be go enough to ride. This'll be a short update because, frankly, just listen to the song and that's my week and emotions right there (also watch the movie Gattaca). At least as much as I'll be able to tell it... For now. I'm heading North now with the primary intention to work on my writing. Hopefully when I'm done there this damn blog with finally be readable. I don't know though, you tell me!
     I will contemplate here though that I believe I am getting the hang of living on the road. I could start spouting wisdom here but as is often the case with wisdom, it has no meaning unless you were meant to understand it then. I will write though, for all those maybe travelers out there, the road will guide you to the wisdom you were meant to understand. Trust in the road. That's lesson number one for yah.
This is the creative process at work. I hope.


     Music:
     https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxIWDmmqZzY


     Food Review:
     This week I went to an open-mic night at Cafe Nola, a chill hang out for the local of Frederick, Maryland.
 The cool people sit outside, I think.
I also think that lady didn't work there but just really likes the place.
 Another traveler tip for ya'll:
The best places will have an updated bulletin board!
 Cafe side. Their pastries were fancy sounding and expensive.
 Bar side. Seems like they flavor their own alcohol.
My compatriot got the Cucumber Mint Rose Gin.
There are actually a lot of open-mic nights in Frederick.
Scope out the scene if you pass through.
 "It wasn't that great."
 I got the chocolate ganache brownie.
 It was actually more of a dense cake.
Not that I'm complaining.
 A bit pricey at four dollars but pretty damn good.
That ganache icing on top was the real star.
Final Verdict:
Go to Cafe Nola to hang out, here some music, or have some tea.
You can imbibe there if you need to but there are better watering holes down the street.
 That's Luna.
Keep an ear out for her if you go through Maryland. She's awesome!
Luna was a hard act to follow but somebody had to do it!


     Story:
     ...Continued from last week!

     "'Twas I who led you here..." and he knew the words she would speak before she said them, "so that you may learn your name..."
     She gestured to her left, and he noticed there were others in the hut. There were seats for twelve people, six on each side from the loamy lady, the entrance/exit to the hut directly across from her. Four people sat to the left of her, five people sat to the right of her. A large well built man in purple looked him over. Several well built women glanced momentarily, then returned to talking amongst themselves.  He took the sixth seat to his right, next to a kind looking woman with flowers in her hair.
     "How d'you do ma'am?" He said tiredly as he tipped his hat. He still didn't like it, but it was beginning to make him feel like a cowboy.
     "Well ain't you sweeter than sugar. I'm fiiiine, ya'self?"
     "I'm a little frazzled I think..."
     "An' why's that darlin'?" She said sincerely.
     "Well, I guess it's because I have no idea where I am, what I'm doing, or what's going on. At least, that's the start of it, I think."
     She snickered, "I reckon that'd even frazzle a gator! Lessee if I can help you out none. You in the dome of the Earth Spirit. You sittin' 'ere talkin' wit' me, and wese all about to go on a journey!"
     His heart sank. He was more hoping for a bed than a triphe still hadn't made sense of the last one. "Maybe I should go..."
     "Naw honey, you wouldn't be here if you wasn't supposed t'be. You jus' make y'self comfy."
     The hut was pretty comfortable and he was already sitting, so he gave up on the idea of leaving pretty fast. As he thanked the kind woman, two more people walked in. One was a sharply dressed man, older, with an air of confidence about him. The other was, as far as he could tell, the most beautiful women he had ever seen in his life. She wore silk garments which flowed out from behind her like mist from a waterfall. She moved like ripples on calm water and poured into her place by the door, just next to him. He did not realize he was starring until words that were already in his mind came to the front of it.
     "We've been waiting for you. Thank you all for coming. Now, let us begin." And with those words the fabric at the entrance of the hut flapped shut. The Earth Spirit stood, "If you would all please lay down with your heads toward the center." She moved toward the center circle as everyone in the room turned around and laid as she instructed.

     To be concluded next week... I promise!


     Poetry:
     This week we have a guest poem from Jackie! A cool gal I met!
     We each wrote each other a poem in the others journal.
     I'd of put mine up but it's gone—she has it.
     On that note, one of the coolest things about carrying a journal with you is approaching someone who has one and suggesting a swap: Each of you first opens to a random page and reads that, then either adds to that page, or adds to the present page (depending on how important sequence is to the journal).
     Nevermind, I'm being kicked off the computer! I'll get it up later haha!



     Pictures:
 Another cool spot with a cool open-mic night.
Also go to the Cellar Door (my personal fav).
 Frederick has lots of odd alleyways for degenerates like us to hide and do no good.
Gary enjoys his sandwich.
 Got an F key harmonica from an awesome dude named Dillon!
(Not pictured).
 Light breakfast before morning jog.
 Classy city.

Peace comes and goes.
Lookin' out the glass as the storm passes by.
I'll remember being here
when the next one hits me
and wonder why I left.

1 comment:

  1. justin so glad to see your smiling face again! are you still in crestone? were in taos now for at least a couple more weeks. there's a property here that needs things like community garden set up. We also know we need to do trip to Crestone soon. phone on for today and tomorrow, at least.
    love
    sarah and ili

    ReplyDelete